Saturday, June 9, 2012

6 May 2012 - Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island

I visited my friend Karrie in Salt Lake City and was impressed with the views of snow-capped mountains she has all around her. No wonder she had trouble finding her way around the flat prairies of North Dakota, with no mountains on the horizon to help her get her bearings! :-)

Then I spent a couple nights camped on Antelope Island, another of my very favorite places.

I knew I was back in the West, when I heard the meadowlarks singing all around us in the campground.

The sunsets were exquisite, as always.

Highlights included seeing a chukar for the first time, and adding that to my Life List, and seeing thousands and thousands of earred grebes.






I saw some antelope, but could never get a better view of them than I did last time I was here. I saw some bison, and lots of other birds. But, mostly, once again, I was blown away by the beauty all around me, the views of this island and this lake.

No comments: