Wednesday, May 9, 2012

1 May 2012 - On the Road Again! North Ranch

It's summer time, and time to get on the road again! [Flowers from a Palo Verde tree on left].

I left Mesa on Tuesday, May 1st. It feels good to be back on the road, but I've left a chunk of my heart back in Mesa. I pretty much got settled into my new home, but spent as much time as I could with the new man in my life, who is in Mesa. :-)

My first stop was at North Ranch, which is an Escapees park outside of Congress, AZ. Although it's only about 90 miles north of Phoenix, it's not in the Valley of the Sun, and so the temp there was 77, instead of the 91 in Mesa. I'd been hearing about North Ranch for years from other Escapees, and wanted to check it out. And I wanted to get my rig weighed. I've been going to do that for awhile. It's a service Escapees offers at North Ranch (and other places), for a fee. I got only good news. My rig is well balanced, and not carrying anywhere near too much weight on any wheel. The total is 10,500 pounds. About what I expected, but I'm glad to have it confirmed.

Joey and I enjoyed our walks around the grounds while we were there. If you stop, you must see Methuselah, the largest saguaro I've ever seen, for sure. They think he's over 400 years old, and he towers over the buildings there.

No comments: